* To migrate 2FA authentication to your new device ( eg, new mobile phone) disable your 2FA first, delete your google authentication on your existing device and repeat below process to migrate them to your new device.
Follow the guide below to enable 2FA.
Step 1: Log in to your Tokenize account. Select user symbol from your dashboard. Click on Security.
Step 2 : Click on " Two-factor Authentication ", you will see this page.
Step 3: You can scan QR code to download or search Google Authenticator at App Store/ Google Play Store.
Step 4: After installation, open the Google Authenticator application.
- Tap on Begin.
- Tap on Scan a barcode, or Enter a provided key.
- Scan the QR code or enter the Secret Key, provided in the page in Step 2.
Step 5: Once it is successful, you will see Tokenize on the Google Authenticator.
- The 6 digit code will be automatically generated. Note that the 6 digit code will always change.
- Enter the 6 digit code as the Authenticator Code in the page in Step 2.
Step 6 : In email verification, click on get code. Please check your email and also check your Google Authenticator to get codes then click on " confirm " . Please make sure that you key these codes in 60 seconds.
Step 7 : You will see a green notification at the top that you have set up 2 Factor Authenticator successfully. And current status will show " Enable ".
** Note :
Please be reminded to back up your Secret Key. Resetting your two-factor authentication requires opening a support ticket
Common issues with Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
Google Authenticator codes aren’t working
To make sure that the time on your Google Authenticator app is synced correctly:
- Go to the main menu on the Google Authenticator application;
- Tap More -> Settings;
- Tap Time correction for codes;
- Tap Sync now.
On the next screen, the application will confirm that the time has been synced, and now you are able to use your verification codes to sign in. The sync will only affect the internal time of your Google Authenticator application, and will not change your device’s Date & Time settings.
- On iOS (iPhone):
- Go to the iPhone Settings App. (your phone settings area);
- Select General;
- Select Date & Time;
- Enable Set Automatically;
- If it is already enabled, disable it, wait a few seconds and re-enable.
Another tip for making sure that Google two-factor authentication always works is to download backup codes to your computer that you can use if you’re having trouble with your phone.
Notes: Users can only access ENABLE/DISABLE 2FA page from https://tokenize.exchange/settings/tf-authentication
⁃ To your PC/laptop and your phone: You have to set the Date & Time to Automatically and set same time zone to your devices
Please sign in to leave a comment.